• Lead an organic team for synthetic route design and optimization, process research and development, etc. for agrochemical
• Lead the implementation and process demonstration of optimized process.
• Lead and implement bench work in lab and pilot scale-up demonstration.
• Plan daily R&D work for team member and allocate R&D resources upon project priority.
• Work closely with Global R&D and contract research organizations and join or lead process development within global scope.
• Work closely with China operation team for continuous improvement activities for existing production. Trouble-shooting support and provide technical solution for process improvement, cost reduction, wastes reduction and optimization, etc.
• On-time delivery of technology and research results.
• Ensure that the knowledge and intellectual property, which belongs to Adama, is adequately protected through systematic and behavioral means.
• Assist R&D director for R&D center management and other responsibilities
Skills and knowledge required:
• PhD degree in Organic Chemistry / Process chemistry is preferred with minimum 5 years of related experience. Or Master degree with minimum 8 years of related experience.
• Demonstrated experiences in chemical process development and scale up is a plus.
• Basic chemical engineering knowledge is plus.
• Strong leadership and communication skills.
• Ability to travel as required.
• Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Fluent communication in Chinese and English